Free Website Builder
Building a website is not easy. That’s assuming that you know how to code. If you don’t know how to code, or have never built a website before, then it can seem like an impossible task. Even for some people with a bit of knowledge in the area, there can be one big factor that stops a lot of great ideas from getting built into websites. This factor is cost.
It’s no secret that building a website from scratch can cost a lot of money. You have to hire a developer, as well as maybe hire a designer and copywriter. To do this well, the costs can quickly add up. Then on top of all this there are technical costs like website hosting, as well as a number of other details that aren’t necessarily thought of when building a site for the first time.
This is why a lot of people try to find cheaper alternatives to building a website. The most popular way that websites are created is by making use of a website builder. This article will discuss what website builders are and what some of the best free and cheap options are to get started. So if you are looking to build a website but can’t afford the costs of a bespoke site built by a developer, read on below to see how a website builder can meet your needs.
What is a website builder?
Once upon a time, to build a website you had to know how to code. Thankfully, these days are no longer with us and there are more convenient options to build a website for people with no coding experience. By making use of a website builder, anybody can create their own website.
Every platform in the website builder market has its own benefits and weaknesses. Depending on what you need and what the requirements of your business are, some website builders will be better suited to you than others.
What is the benefit of using a website builder?
The list of benefits of using a website builder can be quite extensive. Depending on the provider you decide to go with, the benefits can vary quite a lot. However, in general, most of the best website builders have these things in common:
- They are easy to use
- The whole point of using a website builder is to make it easier to get a website live. A website builder that is extremely complicated and takes a long time to learn almost counteracts the reason for choosing this path in the first place. Drag and drop design functionality is a great way to build a site from a design perspective. Also look out for an intuitive interface and customisation options.
- Customer support
- Well respected platforms have a lot of users that are all going through similar issues that you are with your website. Because of this, customer support is on offer to help you work through these problems. If you are relying on your website for your business, it’s vital that it stays online. If it does go down, you want to know there is help available to get it back up.
- Website design and theme options
- It’s common for website builders to have different ‘themes’ available, which help to style your website. Look for a platform that has a good variety of themes that you like, so you can ensure you create a website that looks how you want.
- Mobile Compatible
- So many people use the internet on their phones now, if your site doesn’t work on mobile, you are missing out on a large percentage of internet users.
What is the best free website builder?
Of course, one of the main factors with getting a site live is the amount it costs, that’s why there are free website builders available to use. Below are some of the best and most common free website builders.
There are other options online, but the above three will offer you free packages without the necessity of upgrading from it. For example, Squarespace has a 14 day free trial. This is great and allows you to test out the product, but after the 14 days the product then has to be paid for if you want to continue using it.
Deciding on the right website builder can be a difficult decision, but it is worth taking the time to find the right one that suits your needs. If further down the line you decided you wanted to move to another platform, site migrations can be long and complicated. So take the time to find the right platform for you and build a site that will help your business grow.